22.2.08

The Green Machine...


My first bike! It was way too big for me; an awesome machine I inherited from my sister! I called it the "Green Machine". My parents used to cringe every time I'd tear out of the drive way to join my friends. My Dad used to exclaim to my mother, "he's gonna kill himself on that thing Lorraine, it's way too big," The chain ring and cog set the gearing pretty low. I could zoom past my friends, wind whistling in my ears. I was on fire! Fit to be tied!
Unfortunately the day finally came when I was racing a few buddies and lost control, I fell forward off the seat and on to the down tube crushing my manhood. Straddling the down tube, at breakneck speed, I careened into a tree on the edge of my parents property. The kids raced over to see if I was ok. They found me on the ground in tears crying over and over again, "oh my peanuts!" As you can see from this picture the bike was well fitted for optimum destruction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scott,I think I have seen that same epression on you face before. You gave it to me after I almost acidentially ran you off the road last year as you came up on my inside. Nice bike brother! Mine was gold with a bananna seat, sissy bar, and chopper stlye handle bars. It had a three speed Hurst style shifter mounted on the tope tube. That turned out to be a bad idea for the pills as well.